BMI(Body Mass Index) Calculator
What is BMI?Body mass index or BMI, is used to determine whether you are in an ideal weight range for your height.
It gives you an idea of whether you’re "underweight", a "healthy weight", "overweight", or "obese" for your height. BMI is one type of tool to help health professionals assess the risk for chronic disease.
BMI is a useful measurement for most people over 20 years. It is an estimate and should be considered as a rough guide only as it does not take into account age, gender, ethnicity or body composition.
Top features of this free BMI Calculator App:
- BMI score
- BMI classification
- Healthy weight range
- Easy to input height and weight
- BMI history (PRO)
- Metric (cm/kg) and Imperial system (feet+inch/lb)
- Standard and New formula
- Standard BMI formula:
- For nearly 200 years now, medical professionals the world over have used the universally accepted Body Mass Index (BMI) to help assess the overall state of a person’s health.
- New BMI formula:
- Experts have identified a flaw in the basic BMI formula and have recently come up with a new calculation which presents a more realistic result as it scales more accurately in relation to a person’s height.
- BMI of < 18.5
- A BMI of less than 18.5 indicates that you are underweight, so you may need to put on some weight. You are recommended to ask your doctor or a dietitian for advice.
- BMI of 18.5–24.9
- A BMI of 18.5–24.9 indicates that you are at a healthy weight for your height. By maintaining a healthy weight, you lower your risk of developing serious health problems.
- BMI of 25–29.9
- A BMI of 25–29.9 indicates that you are slightly overweight. You may be advised to lose some weight for health reasons. You are recommended to talk to your doctor or a dietitian for advice.
- BMI of > 30
- A BMI of over 30 indicates that you are heavily overweight. Your health may be at risk if you do not lose weight. You are recommended to talk to your doctor or a dietitian for advice.